My newest Shop Love! post is for my blogging friend Wendy of Clouds N Cups. I ordered these lovely vintage earrings and jeweled bracelet, and Wendy graciously added in the necklace that matches the bracelet because she wasn’t 100% satisfied with how a coupon I had went through (which is now fixed, of course) . . . that’s SO kind of her! Her creations are even more lovely in person, and she has many more one-of-kind earrings, bracelets, necklaces, and rings in her shop. Click here for Wendy’s blog, here for her FB page, and here for her web site/shop. Thank you, Wendy! ♥
The beautiful vintage sewing machine earrings I won in the Hugs & Kisses blog giveaway inspired me to take all the danglies out of my overcrowded jewelry box and hang them on the wall. Since I already had all the materials on hand, it was free, too! Simply wrap an old frame in fabric strips (I used a faux suede remnant), staple strips of lace across the back, and poke the earring wires through the holes in the lace. It’s easy-peasy, pretty, and makes choosing just the right pair of earrings a breeze. P.S. One of my Thanksgiving guests exclaimed, “That’s just what I need!” so now I’m making one as a gift for her, too! P.P. S. (1-3-13) I was just going through some bookmarked websites and found THIS! I couldn’t remember before where I got my inspiration, but now I know! Thank you, This Italian Family! ♥
When I made the tablecloth + napkin curtains for the bedroom, they replaced two valences which are now pillows! To make the necktie flower a-la-mode:
- Cut off the fat part of the tie.
- Unstitch the rest of the tie and remove any interfacing and lining.
- Fold and press the tie in half (the long way!) and baste the open sides together, pulling gently to gather it as you go.
- Curl the gathered tie around until it forms a flower shape and tack it together underneath.
- Stitch a pretty button or earring to the center, then stitch the flower where you want it and finish making your pillow.
I’d like to thank . . . in training for the inspiration and for suggesting that I try using neckties for flowers! ♥