When I made the tablecloth + napkin curtains for the bedroom, they replaced two valences which are now pillows! To make the necktie flower a-la-mode:
- Cut off the fat part of the tie.
- Unstitch the rest of the tie and remove any interfacing and lining.
- Fold and press the tie in half (the long way!) and baste the open sides together, pulling gently to gather it as you go.
- Curl the gathered tie around until it forms a flower shape and tack it together underneath.
- Stitch a pretty button or earring to the center, then stitch the flower where you want it and finish making your pillow.
I’d like to thank . . . in training for the inspiration and for suggesting that I try using neckties for flowers! ♥