I’ve always loved fabric memo boards and decided to try making one. It was easy and fun! Here are the directions:
1. Cut a sturdy piece of cardboard to size.
2. Use the cardboard for a pattern to cut a piece of quilt batting, adding a couple of inches all the way around.
3. Wrap the batting around the cardboard, squaring the corners, and tape it at the back.
4. Use this as a pattern for the fabric. You could repeat the step above and tape the fabric at the back, but I used enough to wrap all the way around and then handstitched everything together to help the fabric stay flat and tight.
5. Wrap coordinating ribbons, rick-racks, or other trims in a pleasing pattern. I tacked mine at the back with a few stitches.
6. Stitch a small scrap of ribbon at the back top center for hanging.
7. Tuck cards, photos, and clippings under the trims . . . no pins or tacks needed. Or . . . (see next post!) ♥