No, not for me . . . for a mini-Christmas tree! :) I used this small tree in my classroom when I was an elementary teacher and decided to put it on a side table this year to showcase some of our homemade-by-family-and-friends ornaments. To make the skirt, I:
- cut a 24-inch diameter circle from the thrifted red tablecloth I used for my argyle pillow and opened one side,
- cut a 3-inch diameter circle in the center,
- used a remnant from my snowman pillow to make a bias edging for the top,
- sewed on some fancy red and white rick-rack from my stash,
- machine-hemmed the sides and bottom, and added my no-sew felt peppermints.
It was a “free” project for me since I already had all the materials and adds a festive touch to a favorite little spot in our living room. ♥ P.S. Three peppermints to go . . . one more project!