After making necktie onesies, I wanted to make a girly version, but what to put for a-la-mode? Ruffles? Flowers? No, BLING! But sweet bling, like embroidered lockets. These were super easy, too.
(1) Lay a real locket on the onesie and lightly trace around it with a pencil.
(2) Embroider the chain in gold.
(3) Embroider the “Mom” heart in hot pink and the “Dad” heart in teal blue. ♥
I’ve seen the cutest onesies on Pinterest with fabric stitched to the front in the shape of a little necktie a-la-mode for baby boys. Since I now have a bunch of ties from Dave’s closet cleaning project, I thought it would be fun to use those instead. It’s super easy! After you buy a package of onesies and run the neckties through the washer and dryer . . .
(1) Cut six inches from the skinny end of the tie.
(2) Pin the tie just under the neck binding of the onesie, upside down and right sides together, and stitch.
(3) Pin the tie down in place and handstitch to the onesie. (Click on gallery for larger photos.)
I have fun plans for the other parts of these ties, too! ♥