Welcome to the Collectively Creative Lovey-Dovey edition, hosted by Kelly of Cobwebs, Cupcakes & Crayons! My project this month is felt conversation heart mini-pillows. They were so much fun to make! Here’s how:
(1) Buy a bag of candy conversation hearts for . . . um . . . er . . . research. 🙂
(2) Create a pattern with a free-hand drawing or googling a heart template—or do like I did and use a heart-shaped cookie cutter.
(3) Trace around your pattern on two pieces each of white and various pastel felt.
(4) Lightly pencil a candy saying on a heart of each color, then embroider all the sayings in red.
(5) Put the hearts of the same color back to back and attach the edges with a blanket stitch using a coordinating color of embroidery floss. Stop a couple of inches before you’re done to add a bit of fiberfill stuffing, then close them up.
(6) Use your hearts for valentines, brooches, magnets, hair accessories, sachets, mobiles, or gift-wrap, wreath, or pillow a-la-mode; display them in a pretty bowl or shadow box; or . . . make GARLAND! I added in some of my red-sweater hearts as well for the perfect Valentine mantel decor.
- I Love You More Than… – (Cobwebs, Cupcakes & Crayons)
- Top Ten Romantic Movies of All Time – (The Thinking Closet)
- DIY Heart T-Shirt – (NorthStory)
- [DIY] 12 Pre-Planned Date Cards – (Inspire and Indulge)
- The Love Letters – (Mrs. And The Misc.)
- Valentine’s Day Bon Bon’s – (Happy Little Kiwi)
- Lovey Dovey School Lunch Ideas – (Time With Thea)
- Loving These Products – (Neaten Your Nest)
- Kniting Hearts – (Gentle Stitches)
- A Little Lovie Magic – (The Thing About Joan)
- Sending Hugs – (Cul de Sac)
- Give a Fortune of Love– (Green Door Hospitality)
- Will You Be My Valentine? – (A Ponytail Kind Of Day)
- Love Languages – for adults and kids! – (My Healthy ‘Ohana)