When I saw some scrabble tile pillows in a photo on Get In My Home, I knew I just had to try making some! Here’s how:
(1) Find some khaki colored fabric. (Lucky me, my husband had just handed me an old polo shirt in just this color that he no longer wanted!) Cut out two squares for each letter of the word you want to make. I started with 8-inch squares because I just wanted to make some small pillows to put on a shelf, but you could go much larger or smaller.
(2) Go to Fuzzimo, scroll down to where it says “Download Wooden Scrabble Letter Tiles Image,” and download the photo.
(3) Go to PicMonkey and use their tools to crop and enlarge the desired tiles.
(4) Print the tiles, cut out the letters and numbers, and tape them onto a piece of black felt.
(5) Cut out the letters and numbers, pin them on the pillow fronts, and glue or sew them into place. (I machine-sewed mine using the zig-zag stitch.)
(6) Sew each pillow front to a pillow back, right sides together, leaving an opening at the bottom for stuffing.
(7) Trim the seams, turn, and stuff, then pin and handstitch the opening. ♥