I’ve seen tons of cute birthday garlands on Pinterest made from scrapbook paper, so I decided to try making one from fabric. I chose red fleece, zebra fleece, and black ribbon. Here are the steps:
(2) Cut letters from scraps of the opposite color of fleece and hand stitch in one corner.
(3) Fold each square into a triangle and attach the front and back with a French knot at the bottom point and halfway up each side.
(4) Slip the triangles onto the ribbon.
(5) Sew across the tops of the triangles using a machine zig-zag stitch.
(6) Make a loop at both ends of the ribbon for hanging, and give it someone you love. ♥