Welcome to the “JOYFUL” edition of Collectively Creative, hosted by Kelly of Cobwebs, Cupcakes & Crayons! My project is easy and fun . . . similar to the Instagram collage letters I made this summer. . . . and I love how it turned out!
(1) Purchase some wooden letters at a craft store. Mine are 12 inches tall and were on sale for around $2 each.
(2) Optional: Paint the letters and let them thoroughly dry. I spray painted these with the green paint left over from my antique milk bottle project.
(3) Get out Christmas cards you received and saved from last year and cut out pictures and words to fit the shapes of the letters, overlapping them as in a collage. Attach these bits with Mod Podge. Or, if you don’t have cards available, use images and words from holiday magazines.
(4) When each surface is covered to your satisfaction, coat the entire letter with Mod Podge and let it thoroughly dry.
(5) Display your letters on a shelf or drill small holes or attach hanging hardware to the backs and hang them on the wall. Mine are now over the stairs along with my peppermint wreath where they’ll greet our Christmas Day guests at the front door. ♥
P.S. Before I link to our other Collectively Creative posts, I’d like to give a shout out to some other amazing bloggers who have shared their J-O-Y this season. Thank you to ALL of you for your inspiration!
- Framing Christmas PJs - (Cobwebs, Cupcakes & Crayons)
- How To Display Christmas Cards - (Organized Living Essentials)
- Adding Joy to Every Room - (Neaten Your Nest)
- DIY Gift Bows (Upcycled Toilet Paper Rolls) - (Inspire and Indulge)
- How to trim a Christmas tree: ornaments, Lego trains and whipped cream - (The Thing About Joan)
- Joy Advent Calendar (And Giveaway!) - (Cul de Sac)
- Joy To The Cookies: Having an Annual Holiday Cookie Baking Party - (Green Door Hospitality)
- The Spirit Of Christmas - (A Ponytail Kind Of Day)
- DIY Themed Mini Christmas Trees (This One’s for My Husband!) - (Mrs. And The Misc.)
- Wrapped In Christmas Lights (Happy Little Kiwi)
- Sharing Joy – (Gentle Stitches)
- The Joy Of Discovery - (Love, Laughter and a Touch Of Insanity)